Latest News (8)
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Meeting 5/13 @ 8:00 AM
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting of the City of St. Joseph is scheduled for Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.Read more ...
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, Thursday, May 13 @ 4:30 pm
The Zoning Board of Appeals meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 4:30 pm.Read more ...
City of St. Joseph Seeking Finance Director/City Treasurer
The City of St. Joseph is seeking a Finance Director/City Treasurer.Read more ...
Draft 2021-22 Budget and Capital Improvement Plan
The draft 2021-2022 Budget and draft 2021-2026 Capital Improvement Plan are available for review at the following links.
The budget will be reviewed at a public hearing during the City Commission regular meeting at 6:00 p.m., Monday, May 10, 2021.
Job Opening: Seasonal Parks Laborer
Make the most of our gorgeous Michigan summers by working outdoors as a Seasonal Parks Laborer with the City of St. Joseph!Read more ...
Job Opening: Water & Sewer Serviceperson
The City of St. Joseph is accepting applications/resumes for the position of Water & Sewer Serviceperson. Knowledge of water and sewer systems is desirable.Read more ...
“Through a partnership with Spectrum Health Lakeland, Lake Michigan College, and the City of St. Joseph, a three-part virtual panel discussion will explore how historical laws, policies, and practices laid the foundation for today’s racial inequities.Read more ...
Job Opening: Seasonal Laborer
The City of St. Joseph is currently accepting applications for the position of Seasonal Laborer in the Public Works Department.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Wind: 9.94 m/h
15 May 2021
16 May 2021
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.