Latest News (8)
St. Joseph Municipal Band to Offer Virtual Memorial Day Concert
To view details on the St. Joseph Municipal Band Virtual Memorial Day Concert click on it.
Park Passes - Memorial Day Weekend
Although we are not yet charging for parking at City parks, we will have the parking machines installed and operating soon.Read more ...
Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission Application Due June 1
Every 10 years following the U.S. Census, district lines for political offices must be redrawn in states across the country to accurately reflect their population.Read more ...
Notice of Public Hearing: Proposed Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Project Plan 6/8/20 @ 6 PM
The City of St. Joseph will hold a public hearing on the proposed Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Project Plan for the purpose of receiving comments from interested persons.Read more ...
Governor Whitmer issues Executive Order 2020-70 "Stay Home, Stay Safe"
To view Executive Order 2020-70 "Stay Home, Stay Safe", please click on it.
Designation of Critical Infrastructure Workers 03312020
To view the Designation of Critical Infrastructure Workers pursuant to Executive Order 2020-21, please click here.
Paying Your Utility Bill
For more information on paying your Utility Bill, please click here.
City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, March 17, 2020
To view the City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, please click here.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Wind: 11.18 m/h
02 Jun 2020
03 Jun 2020
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.