Latest News (8)
John & Dede Howard Ice Arena Opening January 16th
John & Dede Howard Ice Arena will open on January 16th for open skate and stick & puck. Please visit http://www.sjcityparkrec.com to register.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Right of Way and Cemetery Lawn Maintenance Services
The City of St. Joseph Department of Public Works is soliciting proposals from qualified general lawn maintenance services.Read more ...
Upcoming City Commission Vacancy; Process for Applications
Please see the document at the following link for an announcement on an upcoming City Commission vacancy and the process to apply for consideration to be appointed to that position.Read more ...
Public Notice: Risk Limiting Audit
To view the Public Notice,please click on it.
Job Opening: Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
Request for Proposals (RFP) Public Works Heavy Duty Trailer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from interested equipment suppliers.Read more ...
To learn more about Floodplain or the Special Flood Hazard Areas in the City of St. Joseph or the 2019 Preliminary revised Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)) out for 90-day appeal process through the Federal Emergency Mangement Agency (FEMA) beginning December 19, 2020.
Request for Proposals (RFP) Specifications for the 2021-2022 Parks and Cemetery Fertilization and Weed Control Program
The City of St. Joseph Department of Public Works is soliciting proposals from qualified fertilization and weed control contractors.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
The Special Pick-ups offered through the City of St. Joseph are intended for over-size or bulky items that cannot be taken in your regular rubbish collection.
Special Pick-up Guidelines:
• Special Pick-ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the day prior to the holiday. Requests must be called in to the Public Works Department at (269-983-6341) by NOON on the Wednesday immediately before.
• Special Pick-ups are limited to Residential property.
• Commercial or Industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with five units or more in a single building) are not eligible for this program.
• Special Pick-ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up.
• A maximum of three (3) Special Pick-ups are allowed per separate parcel of property per calendar year, January 1 thru December 31.
• Waste generated through home renovation/construction by either the homeowner or a contractor is not allowed. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal and proper disposal of the generated waste.
• Mattress or Box Springs Requirement – Each Mattress or Box Springs are required to be in a plastic bed bag and sealed for pick-up. No Bag = No Pick-up
• Additional items Not allowed for pick-up include:
Hazardous Items – chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners,
dehumidifiers, propane tanks, motor oil and anti-freeze
Wood – Lumber – Boards – Paneling – Posts - Cabinets
Concrete – Bricks - Blocks
Cast-Iron Sinks or Tubs
Railroad Ties – Landscape Timbers
Boats – Campers – Truck Toppers - Trailers
Yard Shed – Wood Fence
• Special Pick-up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up. Items should be placed at the curb after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday picking.
• If all three (3) pick-ups are used for a parcel of property during the calendar year, and the resident has disposal needs the City recommends to contact a disposal service (such as Best Way 269-463-3232) for removal.
Wind: 5.59 m/h
16 Jan 2021
17 Jan 2021
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.