Latest News (0)
To read all the latest news, click here.
Public Safety Department
The St. Joseph Public Safety Department is dedicated to serving the St. Joseph community with the most professional approach to law enforcement and firefighting available.
Interim Director of
Deputy Director of
Main Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 985-0300
Police Dispatch: 926-2538 (24 hours)
Records: 983-2573 (8 am - 5 pm, Monday thru Friday)
Records Fax: 983-7755 (24 hours)
Parking: 983-2575 (8 am - 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday)
Administration: 985-0300 (24 hours)
Administration Fax: 985-0348 (24 hours)
Anonymous Tip Line: 985-0301 (24 hours)
Physical Address: 923 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-4641
Dormitory: (269) 983-1442
Fax: (269) 983-3544
The St. Joseph Public Safety Department is made up of a combination of 20 Public Safety Officers trained in law enforcement and firefighting, 6 full-time firefighters, and police and fire reserve officers.
We will strive to work with the citizenry toward the accomplishment of organizational and community objectives by providing those services which will continue to make St. Joseph progressive, safer and second to none.
Keeping Your Neighborhood Safe and Enjoyable
The Public Safety Department can help you with this by working with you to address the following:
- The quality of life issues - barking dogs, loud parties, loud vehicles, traffic hazards and burned-out streetlights.
- Suspicious activities - people or vehicles in your neighborhood that are not normal or out of place for the time of day.
- Actual crimes - that have happened and need to be investigated so that an arrest can be made or information obtained so that prevention measures can be used.
Plan Ahead For Any Emergency
Community Programs provided by the St. Joseph Public Safety Department includes:
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Adult/Senior Neighborhood Programs
- Community Child Watch Program
- Crime Prevention & School Safety - Elementary School Programs
- Crime Prevention & School Safety - Middle School Programs
- Crime Prevention & School Safety - High School Programs
- Dedicated Officer Program
- Neighborhood Watch
- Federal Trade Commission (ID Theft)
- FEMA for Kids
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Michigan Public Sex Offender Registry
- Pier Safety
- Fire prevention-education
- Fireworks Application
- Vehicle extrication/accidents
- Hydrant flow testing
- Fire station tours
- Rental inspection
- Smoke detectors
- Home escape plans
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- 10 tips to fire safety
- Recreation Fires
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Fire Extinguisher drop off
- Open Burning- Open burning is strictly prohibited.
Wind: 12 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344