Latest News (8)
St. Joseph Municipal Band to Offer Virtual Memorial Day Concert
To view details on the St. Joseph Municipal Band Virtual Memorial Day Concert click on it.
Park Passes - Memorial Day Weekend
Although we are not yet charging for parking at City parks, we will have the parking machines installed and operating soon.Read more ...
Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission Application Due June 1
Every 10 years following the U.S. Census, district lines for political offices must be redrawn in states across the country to accurately reflect their population.Read more ...
Notice of Public Hearing: Proposed Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Project Plan 6/8/20 @ 6 PM
The City of St. Joseph will hold a public hearing on the proposed Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Project Plan for the purpose of receiving comments from interested persons.Read more ...
Governor Whitmer issues Executive Order 2020-70 "Stay Home, Stay Safe"
To view Executive Order 2020-70 "Stay Home, Stay Safe", please click on it.
Designation of Critical Infrastructure Workers 03312020
To view the Designation of Critical Infrastructure Workers pursuant to Executive Order 2020-21, please click here.
Paying Your Utility Bill
For more information on paying your Utility Bill, please click here.
City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, March 17, 2020
To view the City of St. Joseph General Contact Information, please click here.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 11.18 m/h
02 Jun 2020
03 Jun 2020
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Parks & Recreation
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344