Latest News (7)
Request for Proposal (RFP) City Hall Roof Replacement
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from interested area roofing contractors with sufficient information to submit proposals for consideration by the City of St. Joseph.Read more ...
City Hall closed Labor Day, 9/2
Please be advised that City Hall will be closed on Monday, September 2, 2019 in observance of Labor Day.
Please follow this link http://www.stjoseph.lib.mi.us to take a survey for the Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library. On the front page under "we want your feedback!", click on "complete our survey".
Request for Proposal (RFP) 2019 Asphalt Parking Lot Repairs
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from interested area asphalt paving contractors with sufficient information to submit proposals for consideration by the City of St. Joseph.Read more ...
May PFAS Test Results
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), are a group of chemicals that have been classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an emerging contaminant on the national level.Read more ...
2019 Movies in the Park Lineup
The City of St. Joseph is pleased to announce another fun-filled summer with Movies in the Park every Saturday through the months of July and August. To view what movies will be shown, please click here.
April 2019 Newsletter
April 2019 Newsletter Volume 25, Issue 2 has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 5.59 m/h
25 Aug 2019
26 Aug 2019
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344