Latest News (6)
Advertisement for Bids - Dunham Lift Station Replacement Phase One
Sealed bids for the construction of the Dunham Lift Station Replacement Phase One Project will be received by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's office of the City of St. Joseph, 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085 until 3:00 p.m. local time on November 8, 2018.Read more ...
Boards and Commissions Current Openings
We have openings on the following Boards / Commissions. These voluntary positions are a great opportunity to get involved with your community.Read more ...
Per - and Polyfluoalkyl Substances (PFAS) in Drinking Water
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), are a group of chemicals that have been classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an emerging contaminant on the national level.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
City Residents have been given an additional week to clear their property of brush.Read more ...
IMPORTANT: Press Release: Information about House Bill 4503/Senate Bill 329 and Short-Term Rentals
It is important for residents to educate themselves regarding House Bill 4503 and Senate Bill 329. Please click on information from the Michigan Municipal League and others through a Letter and Press Release explaining the effect these two bills will have on our community.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 21 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344