Latest News (6)
Advertisement for Bids - Dunham Lift Station Replacement Phase One
Sealed bids for the construction of the Dunham Lift Station Replacement Phase One Project will be received by the City of St. Joseph, at the City Clerk's office of the City of St. Joseph, 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085 until 3:00 p.m. local time on November 8, 2018.Read more ...
Boards and Commissions Current Openings
We have openings on the following Boards / Commissions. These voluntary positions are a great opportunity to get involved with your community.Read more ...
Per - and Polyfluoalkyl Substances (PFAS) in Drinking Water
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), are a group of chemicals that have been classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an emerging contaminant on the national level.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
City Residents have been given an additional week to clear their property of brush.Read more ...
IMPORTANT: Press Release: Information about House Bill 4503/Senate Bill 329 and Short-Term Rentals
It is important for residents to educate themselves regarding House Bill 4503 and Senate Bill 329. Please click on information from the Michigan Municipal League and others through a Letter and Press Release explaining the effect these two bills will have on our community.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Please complete a Rummage/Garage Sale application and return to the City Clerk's office.
Wind: 21 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344