2017 CSO Project Update 7-17-17
This is an update for the 2017 CSO Project for the Week of July 17th.Read more ...
Sewer Televising Update 7-24-2017
Redzone Robotics has returned to the City to undertake additional sewer televising, the work is expected to be underway until the end of August.Read more ...
Agenda for City Commission Meeting, Monday, July 24 @ 6 PM
Please find the Agenda for the St. Joseph City Commission Meeting being held this evening, Monday, July 24 at 6 p.m. in the Commission Chambers, 2nd floor, here at City Hall.
There will be a Primary Election held on August 8, 2017 as seven candidates successfully filed petitions to fill three seats on the St. Joseph City Commission from terms expiring in November.Read more ...
2017 Resurfacing Project Bid Package
Advertisement for Sealed Bids: Bids will be received untill 3:00 p.m., August 9, 2017 by the City of St. Joseph.Read more ...
Press Release: City of St. Joseph Offers Pickleball
The City of St. Joseph is now offering open Pickleball at the John and Dede Howard Ice Arena. To view the 6-26-17 Press Release, please click here.
Municipal Band Concerts 2017 Summer Schedule
The St. Joseph Municipal Band began their weekly concerts at the John E. N. Howard Band Shell on Sunday, June 25, at 3:30 and 7:30 p.m.Read more ...
July 2017 " City Connection" Newsletter
The July 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freeon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through contracted work. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup. .
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you