Advertisement for Bids - Langley Avenue Drain Repair
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. local time May 9, 2018.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Public Safety Apparatus Refurbishment (E-104)
Sealed bids will be received until 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 30, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad Street. St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Fire Station HVAC Upgrade
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. May 7, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad Street. St. Joseph Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
2018 Summer Tennis Camp
City Residents have been given an additional week to clear their property of brush.Read more ...
Advertisement for Bids - 2018 Sidewalk Project
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. local time April 25, 2018 for the 2018 Sidewalk Project.Read more ...
Dunham Lift Station Proposal Results
To view the Dunham Lift Station proposal results click here.
City's leaf pickup begins March 19th - April 27th
Leaf collection begins Monday, March 19th through Friday, April 27th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through construction material. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup.
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you