City Commission Meeting Monday, March 27, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
Please click on Agenda to see what is before the City Commission at their meeting being held this evening, Monday, March 27th, at 6:00 pm.
Request for Proposal (RFP) 2017 Lawn Mowing Contract
The City of St. Joseph wishes to hire a local contractor to provide lawn mowing services as a part of the City’s property maintenance program. A strong commitment to provide timely and professional lawn mowing is required.Read more ...
Sewer Televising Work to Resume, Monday March 27th
Sewer Televising Work to Resume, Monday March 27th in the City of St. JosephRead more ...
Bid Tabulations - Multi-Space Parking Pay Stations
Bid Tabulations for Multi-Space Parking Pay Stations (Bid opened March 21 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Tabulations - Tree Planting
Bid Tabulations for City Right of Way (ROW) Tree Planting (Bid opened March 21 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project
Bid Results for Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project (Bid opened March 22 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Guernsey Court Drainage Repair
Bid Results for Guernsey Drainage Repair - Opened on March 22nd at 3:00 pm.
Job Opening for West Basin Marina
The City of St. Joseph is accepting applications for the West Basin Marina.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freeon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through contracted work. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup. .
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you