Request for Proposal (RFP) Pay Station Shelters
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. March 6, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) 2018 Dunham Lift Station Replacement Project
The City of St. Joseph invites interested Consultants to submit information regarding their experience, qualifications, and fees for providing professional engineering services for the 2018 Dunham Lift Station Replacement Project.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) Woodbine Lodge Roof Replacement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. February 20, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. For additional informaion, please click here and here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Planter Bed Replacement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. February 20, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Drinking Fountain Replacement Project
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. February 27, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
December "City Connection" Newsletter
The December 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
City of St. Joseph Receives Improved Classification of ISO Rating
Public Safety Director Uridge reports, "Congratulations City of St. Joseph."Read more ...
2018 St. Joseph Public Art Exhibit: Magical Kingdom of St. Joseph
COME ONE, COME ALL TO THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF ST. JOSEPH DURING ITS 15th ANNUAL PUBLIC ART EXHIBIT
MAY 18-SEPT. 20, 2018
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through construction material. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup.
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you