May 2017 "City Connection" Newsletter
The May 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
City Infrastructure Open Houses Scheduled
The City of St. Joseph received a Stormwater, Asset Management and Wastewater (SAW) Grant in October 2014.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) HVAC/ Mechanical Maintenance Service Agreement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. May 16, 2017 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
2017 Summer Recreation Program Information and Registration
It is almost summertime in St. Joseph, which means it is time to sign up for this year's Summer Recreation program.Read more ...
Press Release: 2017 Blossom Parade
To view the latest Press Release regarding the Blossom Parade, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Public Works Trench Drain Replacement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 pm on May 2, 2017 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
April Library Board meeting changed from Tuesday to Wednesday
Please be advised that April's Library Board meeting has been rescheduled for Monday, April 24th in lieu of the originally scheduled date of Tuesday, April 25th.Read more ...
Attention: St. Joseph Charter Township Water Customers
St. Joseph Charter Township water customers should please disregard water billing notices dated March 23, 2017, which were misaddressed to them due to a processing error at the printer.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freeon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through contracted work. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup. .
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you