Zoning Board of Appeals 9/21/2017 Meeting Postponed
Please be advised that the Zoning Board of Appeals scheduled for Thursday, September 21, 2017, has been postponed until Thursday, October 19th.Read more ...
Job Opening: Howard Ice Arena Seasonal
The City of St. Joseph is seeking mature, reliable individuals to fill several positions at the Howard Ice Arena for the upcoming Fall/Winter season.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) - Scrape, Prime & Paint and Repair Roof Contract
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for a Scrape, Prime & Paint and Roof Repair Contract at 719 Hoyt Street as part of a code enforcement case.Read more ...
Live Public Art Auction Saturday, September 23rd - Whirlpool Centennial Park
Please click on the information pertaining to the live public art auction taking place on Saturday, September 23rd, along with the St. Joseph Wine Festival taking place, hosted by St. Joseph Today, all in Whirlpool Centennial Park, below the Bluff.Read more ...
For additional information on the SAW Grant, please click on the links.Read more ...
2017 Resurfacing Project - Public Notice
For additional information on the 2017 Resurfacing Project, please click here.
August/September "City Connection" Newsletter
The August/September 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
2017 CSO Project Update 7-17-17
This is an update for the 2017 CSO Project for the Week of July 17th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Schedule a Special Pick-up
Special pick-ups are intended for the removal of over-sized items that cannot be collected with the regular rubbish collection. We cannot take any hazardous items (such as chemicals, solvents, oil-based paint, refrigerators, air conditioners, broken glass, or boards with nails) in a special pick-up.
If you have any question as to whether the City will collect the material, please contact the Department of Public Services in advance, at (269) 983-6341, and ask to have a City employee assess the material.
All special collection programs are limited to residential property; commercial or industrial property (including apartments or condominiums with more than four units in a single building) are not eligible for these programs.
Details regarding the program are as follows:
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall only be made on Thursdays (except holidays, where they shall be made the following Thursday). Requests must be called into the Public Works Department at (269) 983-6341 by NOON the Wednesday immediately before.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall be limited to a total of three cubic yards per pick-up. Each pick-up shall count as one full pick-up. Only one pick-up per week is allowed. Each separate parcel of property in the City shall be allowed a maximum of three (3) Special Large Item Pick-Ups per calendar year, January 1st thru December 31st.
- No material normally handled by the contracted residential trash service will be picked up. No material considered Hazardous Waste (chemicals, solvents, oil, paint, pesticides, etc.) will be picked up. No items containing Freeon coolant (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.). No items that would be hazardous to workers (boards with nails, broken glass, etc.) will be picked up.
- Special Large Item Pick-Ups shall not include items generated through contracted work. All contractors shall be responsible for the collection, removal, and proper disposal of generated waste.
- Special Large Item Pick-Up items shall be placed on the side of the lot opposite your normal trash, if the weekly trash service is on the same day as the scheduled pick-up, and may not be placed at the curb before 5 PM on the Wednesday preceding the Thursday pickup. .
- If, after a resident has used all three (3) pick-ups, it is necessary for the City to make additional pick-ups to remove items that have not yet been disposed of, the resident will be charged a fee based on time and equipment used, with a minimum charge of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
If you have any questions about these topics, please contact the City and we will be glad to help you