Agenda for City Commission meeting, Monday, February 27
Please find the Agenda for the St. Joseph City Commission meeting being held this evening, Monday February 27 at 6:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers, 2nd floor, here at City Hall.
Advertisement for Bids: Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project
Advertisement for Sealed Bids: Bids will be received until 3:00 p.m., March 22, 2017 for work that includes furnishing and installing a wireless vehicle detection system, controls, perimeter-lit sign and beacon, pedestals, and appurtenances.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) 2017 - 2018 Street Tree Planting
The City of St. Joseph Department of Public Works is soliciting proposals form qualified firms to provide spring and fall planting of selected street trees on public road right of way (or on City property) as specified by the City of St. Joseph Public Works Department. For additional information, please click here.
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP)Steel Service doors at the Public Works facility
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from interested area contractors for new Steel Service doors at the Public Works facility located at 1160 Broad Street, Saint Joseph, MI. For additional information, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Climate Control for Lakeview Cemetery Mausoleum
The City of St. Joseph is accepting proposals from interested area contractors with its needs for a Climate control system at the Lakeview Cemetery Mausoleum located at 1918 Lakeview Ave. For additional information, please click here.
Neighborhood Meetings Hosted by Public Safety Department
The Public Safety Department will be holding two neighborhood meetings: Tuesday, February 21st at 6:00 p.m. and Wednesday, March 1st at 6:00 pm in the City Commission Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 700 Broad Street.Read more ...
RFP - Coastal Engineering Study Update
Sealed bids for a Coastal Engineering Study Update will be received until 9:00 am local time Wednesday, March 1, 2017, by the City of St. Joseph, “OWNER”, at the City Clerk’s Office; 700 Broad Street, St. Joseph, Michigan 49085 at which time said bids will be opened and publicly read aloud in the City Commission Chambers.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
2017 CSO Project
Public Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Project (2/27/2017).
Environmental Assessment Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Improvement Projects (1/17/2017).
Monthly Reports and Updates