DDA Meeting Thursday, January 18th at 8:30 a.m.
There is a regularly scheduled DDA meeting tomorrow (3rd Thursday of every month), January 18, 2018, at 8:30 a.m. in the City Commission Chambers.
Notice of Public Meeting: Parks Advisory Board
Please click on Notice of Public Meeting to find out more detail abou the upcoming Parks Advisory Board meeting being held on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers, 700 Broad Street, St. Michigan.
Press Release - John and Dede Howard Ice Arena Winter Season Schedule
With the holidays now over, the John and Dede Howard Ice Arena has returned to their regular schedule. Please note the Howard Ice Arena will hold regular hours on Monday, Janaury15 (Martin Luther King Day).Read more ...
Job Opportunity for Marina/Ice Arena Operations Assistant
The City of St. Joseph is seeking a Marina/Ice Arena Operations Assistant.Read more ...
Christmas Tree Pick-Up Notice
Beginning December 27, 2017, and continuing through January 26, 2018, the City of St. Joseph will pick up Christmas trees from city residents.Read more ...
December "City Connection" Newsletter
The December 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
City of St. Joseph Receives Improved Classification of ISO Rating
Public Safety Director Uridge reports, "Congratulations City of St. Joseph."Read more ...
2018 St. Joseph Public Art Exhibit: Magical Kingdom of St. Joseph
COME ONE, COME ALL TO THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF ST. JOSEPH DURING ITS 15th ANNUAL PUBLIC ART EXHIBIT
MAY 18-SEPT. 20, 2018
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project
Final plans for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project were delivered to MDOT on November 17, 2017. The project will be bid through the MDOT letting process with a bid opening date of February 2, 2018 anticipated. Construction is scheduled to commence on June 11, 2018 and substantial completion is anticipated August 31, 2018.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form