Study Session - Tuesday, March 28th at 5:30 pm
Please be advised that there will be a Study Session this evening at 5:30 pm.Read more ...
Attention: St. Joseph Charter Township Water Customers
St. Joseph Charter Township water customers should please disregard water billing notices dated March 23, 2017, which were misaddressed to them due to a processing error at the printer.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) 2017 Lawn Mowing Contract
The City of St. Joseph wishes to hire a local contractor to provide lawn mowing services as a part of the City’s property maintenance program. A strong commitment to provide timely and professional lawn mowing is required.Read more ...
Sewer Televising Work to Resume, Monday March 27th
Sewer Televising Work to Resume, Monday March 27th in the City of St. JosephRead more ...
Bid Results - Multi-Space Parking Pay Stations
Bid Tabulations for Multi-Space Parking Pay Stations (Bid opened March 21 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Tree Planting
Bid Tabulations for City Right of Way (ROW) Tree Planting (Bid opened March 21 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project
Bid Results for Park Street Bridge Traffic Improvements Project (Bid opened March 22 at 3:00 pm).
Bid Results - Guernsey Court Drainage Repair
Bid Results for Guernsey Drainage Repair - Opened on March 22nd at 3:00 pm.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
2017 CSO Project
Public Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Project (2/27/2017).
Environmental Assessment Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Improvement Projects (1/17/2017).
Sewer Televising Work
Sewer Televising Work to Resume, Monday March 27th in the City of St. Joseph
Redzone Robotics has informed Wade Trim and City staff that sewer cleaning and televising crews will return to the City of St. Joseph this Monday, March 27th. They generally intend to start work at the south end of the City and work north. The storm sewer and sanitary sewer segments designated for cleaning and televising are shown on the attached maps. Redzone has estimated the work will take approximately three weeks to complete. This work is part of the Stormwater, Asset Management and Wastewater (SAW) Grant activities, 90% of the cost of eligible televising activity is covered by the grant. To view the Sanitary Segments for Televising and the Storm Segments for Televising, click on it.
Please feel free to contact the City Engineering Department at 269-983-5541 with questions.
Hilltop Road Project
Public Notice for Hilltop Road.
Monthly Reports and Updates