Latest News (8)
Construction Board of Review & Property Maintenance Board of Review Meetings 8/23/18 Meetings Canceled
Please be advised that the St. Joseph Construction Board of Review & St. Joseph Property Maintenance Board of Review meetings have been canceled.Read more ...
Wallace Avenue Project Power Outage and Water Service Shut Off Notice
On Thursday, August 16th, there will be two utility disruptions necessary in order to bring the Wallace Avenue Project one step closer to completion.
Advertisement for Bids: BH-SJ Joint Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Benton Harbor-St. Joseph Joint Wastewater Treatment Plant is seeking bids for construction of the Existing Headworks Upgrade.Read more ...
WSJOB Meeting 8/15/2018 Meeting Cancelled
Please be advised that the WSJOB meeting scheduled for August 15th has been cancelled.Read more ...
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project Update 8/6/18
To view the latest update for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project, please click here.
Job Opening: Administrative Secretary
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Administrative Secretary in the Public Safety Department.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
May "City Connection" Newsletter
The May 2018 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344