Coastal Study Update 2017
To view the Coastal Study Update dated November 8, 2017, please click on it.
Seasonal Employees Needed - Please Apply
The City of St. Joseph is seeking mature, reliable individuals to fill several positions at the Howard Ice Arena and the Public Works department for the upcoming Winter/Spring season.Read more ...
Howard Ice Arena Open Skate Thanksgiving Schedule
The Howard Ice Arena will be opening the season next week with Open Skate beginning at noon on Wednesday, November 22nd.Read more ...
St. Joseph City Commission Vacancy
There is a vacancy on the city commission resulting from the resignation of Chris Heugel, who resigned on September 21, 2017, due to moving outside the City of St. Joseph.Read more ...
City releases an RFP for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts #17.06
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts at 719 Hoyt St., 802 Hoyt St., 804 Hoyt St. as part of code enforcement cases.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
City of St. Joseph Receives Improved Classification of ISO Rating
Public Safety Director Uridge reports, "Congratulations City of St. Joseph."Read more ...
October/November "City Connection" Newsletter
The October/November 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 11 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344