Zoning Board of Appeals 9/21/2017 Meeting Postponed
Please be advised that the Zoning Board of Appeals scheduled for Thursday, September 21, 2017, has been postponed until Thursday, October 19th.Read more ...
Job Opening: Howard Ice Arena Seasonal
The City of St. Joseph is seeking mature, reliable individuals to fill several positions at the Howard Ice Arena for the upcoming Fall/Winter season.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) - Scrape, Prime & Paint and Repair Roof Contract
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for a Scrape, Prime & Paint and Roof Repair Contract at 719 Hoyt Street as part of a code enforcement case.Read more ...
Live Public Art Auction Saturday, September 23rd - Whirlpool Centennial Park
Please click on the information pertaining to the live public art auction taking place on Saturday, September 23rd, along with the St. Joseph Wine Festival taking place, hosted by St. Joseph Today, all in Whirlpool Centennial Park, below the Bluff.Read more ...
For additional information on the SAW Grant, please click on the links.Read more ...
2017 Resurfacing Project - Public Notice
For additional information on the 2017 Resurfacing Project, please click here.
August/September "City Connection" Newsletter
The August/September 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
2017 CSO Project Update 7-17-17
This is an update for the 2017 CSO Project for the Week of July 17th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
The Personnel Department manages all personnel related matters for the City of St. Joseph
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-0443
The Personnel Department is located on the second floor of City Hall and is adjacent to the City Manager's office. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Personnel Department please feel free to contact the Personnel Department and someone will be glad to address your concerns.
The Personnel Clerk’s responsibilities are located below:
- Verification and maintenance of payroll
- Maintains accurate records of employee regular, sick and vacation time including usage and accrual
- Administers employee benefits including health, life insurance and pension.
- Acts as liaison to Workers' Compensation carrier
- Assists with employee recruitment and selection
- Responsible for the permanent retention of all personnel records
- Answers personnel-related questions
Personnel Forms and Information
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344