May 2017 "City Connection" Newsletter
The May 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
City Infrastructure Open Houses Scheduled
The City of St. Joseph received a Stormwater, Asset Management and Wastewater (SAW) Grant in October 2014.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) HVAC/ Mechanical Maintenance Service Agreement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. May 16, 2017 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
2017 Summer Recreation Program Information and Registration
It is almost summertime in St. Joseph, which means it is time to sign up for this year's Summer Recreation program.Read more ...
Press Release: 2017 Blossom Parade
To view the latest Press Release regarding the Blossom Parade, please click here.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Public Works Trench Drain Replacement
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 pm on May 2, 2017 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad St. St. Joseph Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
April Library Board meeting changed from Tuesday to Wednesday
Please be advised that April's Library Board meeting has been rescheduled for Monday, April 24th in lieu of the originally scheduled date of Tuesday, April 25th.Read more ...
Attention: St. Joseph Charter Township Water Customers
St. Joseph Charter Township water customers should please disregard water billing notices dated March 23, 2017, which were misaddressed to them due to a processing error at the printer.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of Way Application (PDF)(revised 5-7-2014)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
2017 CSO Project
Public Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Project (2/27/2017).
Environmental Assessment Notice for the Combined Sewer Overflow Improvement Projects (1/17/2017).
Sewer Televising Work
Sewer Televising Work to Resume, Monday March 27th in the City of St. Joseph
Redzone Robotics has informed Wade Trim and City staff that sewer cleaning and televising crews will return to the City of St. Joseph this Monday, March 27th. They generally intend to start work at the south end of the City and work north. The storm sewer and sanitary sewer segments designated for cleaning and televising are shown on the attached maps. Redzone has estimated the work will take approximately three weeks to complete. This work is part of the Stormwater, Asset Management and Wastewater (SAW) Grant activities, 90% of the cost of eligible televising activity is covered by the grant. To view the Sanitary Segments for Televising and the Storm Segments for Televising, click on it.
Please feel free to contact the City Engineering Department at 269-983-5541 with questions.
3/28/2017 Infrastructure Study Session PowerPoint
Click on PowerPoint Presentation
Hilltop Road Project
Public Notice for Hilltop Road.
Monthly Reports and Updates
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344