Request for Proposals (RFP) City of St. Joseph Downtown Plan RFP for Consulting Services
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project Update 7/9/18
To view the latest update for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project, please click here.
Ballots for August 7th Primary
To view your sample ballot for the August 7th Primary, please click on the appropriate precinct for your residential location within the City of St. Joseph.Read more ...
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Notice
To view the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Notice, please click on it.
2017 Water Quality Report
The 2017 Water Quality Report has been released. To read it, please click on it.
Political Signs Protocol - City of St. Joseph
To learn more about how political signs are handled within the City of St. Joseph, please click here.
Advertisement for Bids - 2018 Sidewalk & Spot Concrete Replacement Project
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. local time August 1, 2018 for the Sidewalk Project.Read more ...
2018 Summer Recreation Program
It's almost Summer Time in St. Joseph. The City of St. Joseph's Summer Recreation Program is now accepting registration for your child(ren).Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects including:
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
Assistant City Engineer:
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project
Wallace Ave Reconstruction - Trash/Recycle Pick-Up Reminder June 20, 2018
This is a reminder to put your trash, yard waste and recycle containers out this evening. Kalin Construction will need to move some of the barrels for pickups so please put a label with your address on all of your containers.
Trash Pickup Reminder June 13, 2018
Since this is the fist time trash will be picked up for the Wallace Avenue Project area, I am sending out this reminder to put your trash containers out at the usual curb-side location tonight. We also ask that you write your address on a piece of duct tape or similar and place it on your barrel in case your barrel needs to be moved and then brought back after pickup.
We expect Best-Way to arrive around 6 AM so that pickup is complete prior to Kalin Construction starting work at 7 AM. If you experience any issues with your pickup, please contact Streets and & Rubbish Superintendent Don Evans at 269-983-5541.
2018 Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project Update June 7, 2018
2018 Sidewalk Replacement Project
The City Engineering Department advertised and bid the 2018 Sidewalk Project twice in the spring but the City did not receive any bids. The City intends to re-advertise the project this summer and open the construction schedule to allow the work to be completed in the fall 2018 or spring 2019 in order to attract bids.
2018 Dunham Lift Station Replacement Project
Design of the Dunham Lift Station Replacement Project is currently underway. We anticipate scheduling another resident meeting in the future to provide an overview of the updated plans. A notice will be mailed to the residents and property owners in the project area when a meeting date is established.
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of way Application (PDF)(revised 1-23-2018)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344