2018 SCIP Water Treatment Plant Phase I Project - Advertisement to Bid
Sealed Bids for construction of 2018 SCIP Water Treatment Plant Phase I Project will be received at the office of the City Clerk until 2:00 p.m. June 26, 2018.Read more ...
RFP Sanitary Sewer Chemical Root Control
The City of St. Joseph Department of Public Works is accepting proposals from qualified contractors for the purpose of treating various sanitary sewer lines with a chemical root control agent.Read more ...
Bid Tabulation - Langley Avenue Drain Repair
To view the bid tabulation for the Langley Avenue Drain Repair project please click on it.
Public Meeting Notice: Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project Initial Project Update
A public meeting for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project is scheduled on May 22, 2018 at 6 PM in the City Commission Chambers, area residents and those wishing to learn more about the project are encouraged to attend.Read more ...
2018 Summer Recreation Program
It's almost Summer Time in St. Joseph. The City of St. Joseph's Summer Recreation Program is now accepting registration for your child(ren).Read more ...
May "City Connection" Newsletter
The May 2018 City Connection newsletter has been published.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Public Safety Apparatus Refurbishment (E-104)
Sealed bids will be received until 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 30, 2018 by the City of St. Joseph Clerks Office, 700 Broad Street. St. Joseph, Michigan 49085. For additional information, please click here.
To read all the latest news, click here.
The City Engineer is responsible for the handling, planning, oversight, and reporting on all city-led engineering projects.
Address: 700 Broad Street
Phone: (269) 983-5541
Fax: (269) 985-0346
- Handling water, sewer, and roadway related constructions permits in the public right-of-way.
- Planning, prioritizing and seeking funding sources for future infrastructure projects.
- Oversight of Engineering Consulting Services.
- Construction Progress Meetings and Site Inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Responding to Citizen Concerns including Periodic Updates on Construction Progress.
- Administration of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits.
- Archives infrastructure project record drawings.
- Plan review and approval of infrastructure-related elements of new developments.
Dunham Lift Station Replacement Project
- 1st Infrastructure Open House - "How Your Infrastructure Works" 4/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 2nd Infrastructure Open House - " Managing Your Infrastructure" 5/24/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- 3rd Infrastructure Open House - "Funding Your Infrastructure" 8/22/2017 Power Point Presentation link
- SAW Grant & Asset Management 8/22/2017 Meeting Handout
Public Meeting Maps
- St. Joseph Recent Projects Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Lift Station Service Areas.
- PASER Rating Map Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Consequence of Failure Public Information Meeting No1.
- Sanitary Manhole Condition.
- Sanitary Televised Status.
- Sewer Sanitary Criticality Map.
- Sewer Sanitary Year Installed Map.
- Sewer Storm Criticality Map.
- Sewer Storm Year Installed Map.
- SS Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- ST Condition Public Information Meeting No1.
- Water Criticality Map.
- Water Main Breaks.
- Water Year Installed Public Information Meeting No1.
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project
A public meeting for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project is scheduled for May 22, 2018, at 6 PM in the City Commission Chambers. Area residents and those wishing to learn more about the project are encouraged to attend.
A Permit is required for work within the Right-of-Way.
The Right-of-Way typically includes the street, tree lawn and sidewalk area in front of your property. Please refer to the Right-of-Way Permit application - at the link that follows - for additional details on the requirements.
Right of way Application (PDF)(revised 1-23-2018)
Please submit applications and supporting materials to Alex Austin at the contact information noted above.
City of St. Joseph and Southwest Regional Sanitary Sewer and Water Authority Standard Specifications and Details for new water main construction
Water Main Permits
- Standard Procedures for the Approval of Water Main Construction
- Appendix A - Contacts
- Application for Water Main Plan Review Escrow Account
- Right of Entry for Utility Construction and Maintenance
- Water Main - Plan Review Checklist
- Water Mian - Place in Service Request
- Water Main - Constrution Checklist
- Water Quality Complaint Form
- Water Main - Acceptace Review Checklist
- Bacteriological Testing Form
Wind: 4 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344