Latest News (8)
Construction Board of Review & Property Maintenance Board of Review Meetings 8/23/18 Meetings Canceled
Please be advised that the St. Joseph Construction Board of Review & St. Joseph Property Maintenance Board of Review meetings have been canceled.Read more ...
Wallace Avenue Project Power Outage and Water Service Shut Off Notice
On Thursday, August 16th, there will be two utility disruptions necessary in order to bring the Wallace Avenue Project one step closer to completion.
Advertisement for Bids: BH-SJ Joint Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Benton Harbor-St. Joseph Joint Wastewater Treatment Plant is seeking bids for construction of the Existing Headworks Upgrade.Read more ...
WSJOB Meeting 8/15/2018 Meeting Cancelled
Please be advised that the WSJOB meeting scheduled for August 15th has been cancelled.Read more ...
Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project Update 8/6/18
To view the latest update for the Wallace Avenue Reconstruction Project, please click here.
Job Opening: Administrative Secretary
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Administrative Secretary in the Public Safety Department.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
May "City Connection" Newsletter
The May 2018 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Please complete a Rummage/Garage Sale application and return to the City Clerk's office.
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
Office Hours at City Hall
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344