Zoning Board of Appeals 9/21/2017 Meeting Postponed
Please be advised that the Zoning Board of Appeals scheduled for Thursday, September 21, 2017, has been postponed until Thursday, October 19th.Read more ...
Job Opening: Howard Ice Arena Seasonal
The City of St. Joseph is seeking mature, reliable individuals to fill several positions at the Howard Ice Arena for the upcoming Fall/Winter season.Read more ...
Request for Proposal (RFP) - Scrape, Prime & Paint and Repair Roof Contract
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for a Scrape, Prime & Paint and Roof Repair Contract at 719 Hoyt Street as part of a code enforcement case.Read more ...
Live Public Art Auction Saturday, September 23rd - Whirlpool Centennial Park
Please click on the information pertaining to the live public art auction taking place on Saturday, September 23rd, along with the St. Joseph Wine Festival taking place, hosted by St. Joseph Today, all in Whirlpool Centennial Park, below the Bluff.Read more ...
For additional information on the SAW Grant, please click on the links.Read more ...
2017 Resurfacing Project - Public Notice
For additional information on the 2017 Resurfacing Project, please click here.
August/September "City Connection" Newsletter
The August/September 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
2017 CSO Project Update 7-17-17
This is an update for the 2017 CSO Project for the Week of July 17th.Read more ...
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Please complete a Rummage/Garage Sale application and return to the City Clerk's office.
Wind: 7 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344