Coastal Study Update 2017
To view the Coastal Study Update dated November 8, 2017, please click on it.
Seasonal Employees Needed - Please Apply
The City of St. Joseph is seeking mature, reliable individuals to fill several positions at the Howard Ice Arena and the Public Works department for the upcoming Winter/Spring season.Read more ...
Howard Ice Arena Open Skate Thanksgiving Schedule
The Howard Ice Arena will be opening the season next week with Open Skate beginning at noon on Wednesday, November 22nd.Read more ...
St. Joseph City Commission Vacancy
There is a vacancy on the city commission resulting from the resignation of Chris Heugel, who resigned on September 21, 2017, due to moving outside the City of St. Joseph.Read more ...
City releases an RFP for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts #17.06
The City of St. Joseph is accepting sealed bids for Scrape, Prime & Paint Contracts at 719 Hoyt St., 802 Hoyt St., 804 Hoyt St. as part of code enforcement cases.Read more ...
Job Opening for Public Safety Officer
The City of St. Joseph is accepting resumes for the position of Public Safety Officer.Read more ...
City of St. Joseph Receives Improved Classification of ISO Rating
Public Safety Director Uridge reports, "Congratulations City of St. Joseph."Read more ...
October/November "City Connection" Newsletter
The October/November 2017 City Connection newsletter has been published.
To read all the latest news, click here.
Rummage or Garage Sales
City Ordinance requires a permit for all rummage, garage, carport or similar sales.
- Rummage/Garage sale permits are free.
- One sale is allowed for the same person or for the same location in each calendar year.
- No sale shall be held for more than 3 days.
- Only 1 advertising sign is allowed, which may not exceed six square feet in area.
- No off-premise signs are allowed.
- No sign shall be located in a public street, right-of-way or tree lawn.
- All sales shall be confined to the private property described in the permit and no items may be place on the tree lawn, public sidewalks, or other public property.
- Sale items, tables and other items associated with the sale may not be left outside overnight but must be stored indoors from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Please complete a Rummage/Garage Sale application and return to the City Clerk's office.
Wind: 11 mph
Let us send you the news!
Have local news, alerts & events shipped right to your inbox or rss reader!
- Population - 8,365
- City Employees - 81
- City Budget - $22.8 million
- City S.E.V. - $531,397,117 Avg.
- Residential True Cash Value - $199,000
- Square Miles - 4.4
- City Charter - Approved 1928
- Commercial S.E.V. - 96 million
- Industrial S.E.V. - 35 million
- Residential S.E.V. - 395 million
- Tax Millage - 16.5344